21 hours (usually 3 days including breaks)
No previous knowledge of LDAP is required
This is a 3 day hands-on training course covering LDAP and OpenLDAP from the ground up.
- Comparison with web and relational databases
- Entry structure
- Tree structure
- Simple searches
- Attributes Syntaxes and Object Classes
- RootDSE and subschema subentry
- LDAP Operations
- Command-line tools
- GUI tools
- Phpldapadmin - Installation and Configuration
Basic configuration and maintenance
- Installation from source code and decisions to be made at the build time
- Installation from packages
- Server structure: front-end, overlays, back-ends
- Evolution of disk-based backends
- Building test servers
- Differences for production servers
- Static configuration using slapd.conf
- Dynamic configuration via cn=config
- Conversion from slapd.conf to cn=config
- Monitoring via cn=monitor
- Backup and restore procedures
- Conversion from hdb to mdb backend
- Upgrading between OpenLDAP versions
Authentication and Authorisation using LDAP
- Bind methods: simple, SASL, public-key, Kerberos
- Security of passwords: ldap:/// ldaps:/// ldapi:///
- Representing groups in LDAP
- Using LDAP for Authentication and authorisation of other services
- Apache - Basic Auth configuration mechanism
- Management of system users with OpenLDAP
- RFC2307 / RFC2307bis / DBIS
- Configuration of NSS and PAM
- nss-pam-ldapd vs SSSD
- Certificate hierachies
- Using TLS with OpenLDAP: Server certs, Client certs and SASL EXTERNAL
- Basic ACLs
- Access Control Policy
- Testing ACLs
- Replication, Chaining, and Referral
Extending the schema
- Simple Schema Design
- Schema definition files
- Designing the Directory Information Tree
Working with existing applications and services
- Directory synchronisation and transformation tools
- LDAP proxies, firewalls and entry mapping
I genuinely enjoyed the great information and content.
The trainer was very knowledgeable but again, the course it not very well structured.
The interaction with the trainer was very good and open.
Michael Zurek - AXA Services Belgium SA/NV
I liked being able to understand how openldap works.
Luis Alonso - Acuntia SAU VAT: A80644081
I liked the trainer knowledge and the way to explain real cases.
Acuntia SAU VAT: A80644081
It was adaptable to our needs.
No course discounts for now.
Some of our clients
is growing fast!
We are looking to expand our presence in Malta!
As a Business Development Manager you will:
- expand business in Malta
- recruit local talent (sales, agents, trainers, consultants)
- recruit local trainers and consultants
- Artificial Intelligence and Big Data systems to support your local operation
- high-tech automation
- continuously upgraded course catalogue and content
- good fun in international team
If you are interested in running a high-tech, high-quality training and consulting business.Apply now!